Saturday, June 23, 2012

Multinational Socializing

Last night I met with a group of masters' students that I taught in May.  We went out for some good conversation about life and economic development here, and how to choose a baby name (among other topics).

I met these Moldovans at an Irish Pub, and they ordered in Russian. I drank Czech beer, while listening to them speak to each other in Romanian, as we conversed in English.  I then ate a Greek salad with American television playing in the background (MTV - mostly R&B).  I spoke to the student on my left about her job working for a Dutch furniture company and her trip to Holland in a few weeks.  All that while waiting for the EURO quarterfinal between Germany and Greece.


Fun times during our last week in Moldova...

No comments:

Post a Comment